Last night was Launch Party, an event organized by Startup Edmonton. We had a blast showing off fotojournal and talking with visitors and other local companies. There was great music, food, and even free margaritas sponsored by Yardstick Software.
The turnout was spectacular — roughly 250 people attended, in addition to the investors and media. Here are the other companies that participated last night:
- Empire Avenue
- Mailout Interactive
- Seek Your Own Proof
- Yardstick Software
Rob and Lauren snagged some awesome photos and even managed to create a time-lapse video of the fotojournal table.
Jon relaxing with a coffee while Kyle (happily) lugs the iMac.
Jon, Lauren and Kyle setting up the FJ table.
Wowzers, our logo printed on this pro looking billboard!
Kyle doing some last minute prep stuff.
Lauren mentally preparing for the crowd of people eager to see fotojournal.
Kyle looking like a deer in headlights while giving the 60-second “elevator pitch”
Jon articulating upon the finer points of fotojournal to a group of engaged visitors.
Our pal Greg K. after several margaritas
A huge thanks to the organizers Mark, Cindy, Cam, and Ken (not pictured below) for putting together such a high-class event. Startup Edmonton is doing a great job of connecting the local entrepreneurial community, and we’re really looking forward to the next event!
Updates: be sure to check out what others are saying about Launch Party:
- Edmonton’s Rockstar Tech Community (Chris Labossiere)
- Launch Party Edmonton A Huge Success (Doug van Spronsen from Tech Vibes)
- Recap: Launch Party Edmonton 1 (Mack D. Male)
More articles you might enjoy:
- 5 Photography Website Mistakes You’re Probably Making
- 6 Tips for Becoming a Successful Commercial Photographer
- Local SEO – Get your Photography business on the first page of Google
- How to create proper keywords, titles, tags and descriptions
- What are the top five challenges new professional photographers face?